Risley On Call & Resource  Information

  • Risley On Call Information

    The RA on call number is for residents only, and is posted around the building.

    A member of the RA staff is "on-call" every day. If you need to reach them, call the on-call phone number or stop by an RA room if you need to see someone right away. In the case of a health or safety emergency, call Campus Police at (607) 255-1111 first.

    The RA On Call does regular rounds of the building, and carries a cell phone that is immediately answered for any student in need. On Call can include lockouts, roommate agreements, noise complaints, concerns for a friend, or personal support. If you're ever in doubt, know that it's okay to call! RAs much, much prefer that you over-call, than not call at all. Even something that seems weird or trivial can end up requiring support. The RA OC number is for residents only, and is posted around the building.

    On Call Hours:

    Weeknights (Sunday through Thursday): 7 PM to 8 AM the next morning

    Weekends (Friday starting at 7 PM to Monday at 8 AM): 24 hours

    Lockouts: Getting locked out of your room, for any length of time, is no fun. Please remember to try to lock your door and carry your keys with you at all times—things do get stolen! If you are locked out of your room and it's during the day, you will need to go to Appel Service Center to obtain a spare key. If it is after 10pm, the RA on-call will let you in but there's a $5 charge for every lockout. Payment is expected at the time of the lockout. Be sure to attend House Meeting for a free lockout voucher! Also, remember to always carry your student ID. You need it to get into the building when the dining hall is closed, and you need it at any time to enter the residential section of the building.

  • Cornell Campus Resources

    Cornell Police: (607) 255-1111

    911 is only for serious emergencies. If you call 911 from a cell phone, you will not get the Cornell Police immediately, but will take more time being transferred to CUPD, so call this number to get help as soon as possible.

    Empathy, Assistance, and Referral Services: (607) 255-EARS (3277)

    EARS offers free and confidential non-judgmental, short- term counseling by trained student volunteers.

    Counseling and Psychological Services: (607) 255-5208

    CAPS is part of Cornell Health and offers help when you need it. Check out their website to find out about walk-in hours and phone consultations.

    Cornell Health Center: (607) 255-5155

    If you need urgent medical care, whether physical or emotional, call this number to reach Cornell Health Services. You may also call this number to schedule routine doctor's appointments and physicals, or go online.