Balance Festival is intended to help you think about the choices you're making and whether those choices are working for you. The goals of the event are as follows:
- ENGAGE you where you are and acknowledge the constraints you face;
- ENCOURAGE you to think about how you're balancing your life, whether it's sustainable, and what the consequences of your choices are likely to be;
- EDUCATE you about the benefits of healthy balance between academic, social, and health aspects of your life;
- EQUIP you with simple tools and resources to help you make balance choices that work for you, instead of choosing to do what everyone else is doing or what you think others want you to do.
If your current choices are working for you, that's great! Come for some fun or to support a friend! If you're curious about making small changes in your choices and what that might look like, here's what we hope you'll take away from Balance Festival:
- You learn one new thing from the program;
- You identify one additional resource to add to your support structure;
- You gain a better understanding of the interdependence of social interaction, health, and academic performance;
- You recognize that you do have a choice in how you spend your time.