The Omega Chi Chapter of Kappa Delta received its charter in the spring of 1917, becoming the 21st chapter in the national sorority. In 1928, Kappa Delta moved into its first house and current residence at 109 Triphammer Rd. KD is one of three Cornell sororities that still own their original properties. The Omega Chi Chapter of Kappa Delta left Cornell's campus on October 21, 1969 when the entire house deactivated in protest of KD national's refusal to allow Jewish sisters as members. The house was reinstated in May of 1975 after a change in Kappa Delta policy. Today, the Omega Chi Chapter of Kappa Delta is thriving at Cornell. We are an organization of over 100 diverse, intelligent, talented and strong women. We know that our chapter has helped Kappa Delta become something far beyond what even the Founders dreamed.