Mental Health Care at Cornell Health
CALL 607-255-5155 (24/7)
Located Ho Plaza, CAPS at Cornell Health provides a range of psychological services including:
- Coordinating Health Leaves of Absences for those students experiencing concerns that affect their ability to function as a student.
"It is a sign of intelligence and strength to recognize when you may need help. It is also the first step in solving any difficulty."
Empathy, Assistance, and Referral Service (EARS)
(607) 255-EARS (255-3277)
EARS is here to listen to any problem you may be dealing with. You can call, or drop by the office located in 213 Willard Straight Hall, no appointment needed. School year hours can be found on the website below.
“Let’s Talk” is a drop-in service that offers informal, confidential consultation with a Cornell Health counselor.
Counselors hold walk-in hours at various on-campus locations Monday through Friday during the academic year (see schedule below). Stop by any location to speak with a counselor about concerns, get help problem-solving, and learn more about counseling services at Cornell Health and other resources available to you at Cornell.
Let's Talk consultations are:
- FREE for Cornell students
- Offered first-come, first-served (no appointment necessary)
- Informal (not intended to be a substitute for traditional counseling)
Let’s Meditate is a free, guided, mindfulness meditation series sponsored by Cornell Health, in collaboration with numerous campus partners.
Meditation sessions are held daily Monday-Friday at various campus locations throughout the fall and spring semesters (and less frequently during University breaks). Check the schedule for details.
- Everyone is welcome! Let’s Meditate is open to all members of the Cornell community, including students, faculty, and staff of all ages, genders, sizes, shapes, and abilities.
- Come as you are (but we suggest dressing comfortably).
- Participation is FREE. You are welcome to come to as many sessions as you wish.
Learning Strategies Center
The Learning Strategies Center (LSC) is the central academic support unit for undergraduates at Cornell University.
"We encourage all Cornell undergraduates to take advantage of our services–because successful students ask for help when they need it."
"When life’s challenges and demands begin to pile up and pull us out of balance we need to take time to do those things that replenish and restore our physical, mental and emotional well-being."
All Topics and Concerns: https://health.cornell.edu/resources/health-topics