Iota Chapter at Cornell was founded on March 27, 1909, by a group of ten undergraduates. The new fraternity prospered, and in 1913 it moved to its current location teetering over the edge of Fall Creek Gorge. The west wing containing 15 single rooms and the north wing, with expanded dining and social facilities, were added in 1924. Major improvements have been made to Rockledge Estate regularly.Alpha Sig has made and continues to make distinctive contributionsto the Cornell community. Andrew Dickson White, the first president of and co-founder of Cornell, was initiated into the fraternity at Yale in 1850. He served as the fraternity's national president from 1913 to 1915 and helped found the chapter at Cornell. Other distinctive alumni include past and current deans of the Agriculture, Hotel, and Veterinary colleges at Cornell, and presidents of major corporate firms.